Down the Rabbit Hole


I have always loved fur. When I was about eighteen months old, my dad gave me a rabbit's foot and I carried it around everywhere in my overalls pocket! I remember taking it out and rubbing the fur and loving how soft it was. 





I got this faux-fur rabbit bolero from Kohl's a couple of years ago. I don't get a chance to wear it often, but I love it!


You would never know it wasn't real fur by the way it feels. It is extremely high quality and very soft. 



I don't know what the fascination is that women have with fur, but it definitely has transcended many generations. 



This jacket is unfortunately not available anymore, but it seems like fur vests are more in style this year anyway. Here is a beautiful vest with similar coloring. 




Since I was on a roll with the rabbit theme, I decided to include a pocket watch from Etsy with Alice and Wonderland characters on the front. 

I just LOVE pocket watches. They seem so classy, elegant, and timeless. 


One thing that is challenging about wearing fur is the bulk that it adds to your frame. 


To help prevent this jacket from looking like a football jersey with shoulder pads underneath, I paired it with a fitted solid black long sleeve t-shirt and a bandage mini skirt. 


By minimizing everything else with black, the fur jacket doesn't look quite so bulky. 


I love patterned tights, and decided to wear a a new pair with this outfit. It was soooo cold taking these photographs!


Yes, you are seeing correctly. I am wearing eskimo boots on a fashion blog! It was freezing cold, and I felt like they played down the shortness of the mini-skirt. Oh, and they are totally comfortable. :-) I am defensive and protective of my eskimo boots. I argue that they are a perfectly acceptable choice of footwear for ANY winter outfit when the temperature goes below 40. 





Have a great rest of the week and remember not to take it too seriously!

Shop my outfit:

Jacket: Kohl's (old) Similar in vest style: Lord & Taylor 
Top: Kohl's
Skirt: bebe
Stockings: The Limited
Boots: BearPaw (I refuse to pay $200 for UGGs)
Pocketwatch: Etsy (similar)



No comments