J' Adore


I love outfits with romance!



I picked up this sweater from Kohl's and thought it was fun to pair it with a textured floral skirt.


The photos for this post were taken in two stages. The reason for this is because it was FREEZING during phase one and I couldn't take off my coat. 



I am trying to look relaxed even though I am trying not to shiver. Fashion is not for winter ya'll.


I hide it pretty well though, huh?



The stockings were a last-minute add on, but they are actually what EVERYONE noticed all day long. Sometimes its the things you plan for the least that end up turning out the best!

                                               

I wanted to wear some earrings with a little drama to match the rest of the outfit!


Probably the second thing people asked me all day was "what does your shirt say/mean?"


"J'adore" means "I love" in French. 


I love this sweater. I love this skirt. I love these stockings. I love the fallen leaves. I do NOT love this cold. 





I felt that this outfit needed to be seen without the coat to get the whole picture, so I ended up doing an impromptu second photo session that afternoon, when the temperature had warmed up considerably.


I have said before that you have to be able to "wear" an outfit, not just sit still in it. 


This outfit is easy to wear and the bell shape of the skirt is flattering and creates the illusion of a smaller waistline. 


The outfit is definitely vintage-inspired so an old train was the perfect backdrop for the photos. Also, the idea of taking off on a train is so romantic to me, and therefore has something in common with my outfit!






I love the pattern on these tights. It's interesting from every angle, and I'm sure no two pairs are alike. They are also not control top, which means they are comfortable, and provide a surprising amount of warmth despite all the holes!


Maybe this train is going to Paris?


The wind was really whipping this afternoon! It was hard to get a shot where my hair wasn't either plastered to my face or all in the air!


So I took shelter under the train. Maybe I'll become a stowaway!



The best part about this outfit is that it's totally affordable. Everything for under $100 and ALMOST all in one place at one of my favorite stores: Kohl's!

Shop my oufit from Kohls:

Find my stockings here. 





4 comments

  1. The lace leggings are super trendy and sexy! I have a pair myself.
    http://www.whatsheluvs.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, love the stockings and skirt.

    xo
    Tiffy
    CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos girl! The skirt is my favorite

    xo
    Val
    wildflowersandcurls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are photos are amazing and those tights look similar to the ones made by Wolford Fashion, I love your entire look here...

    ReplyDelete